Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"Argo" and Affleck are the real winners

The Oscars on Sunday were one for the ages. It was amazing to see these great films of the year get celebrated for their greatness. The true winner of the night though, was Argo. Argo won for Best Picture and it was well deserved. This film the best writing I have ever seen and I wasn't surprised when it won the Oscar for Adapted Screenplay. It was also beautifully acted with a great cast. Alan Arkin, John Goodman, Bryan Cranston, and led by Ben Affleck. It was just a amazing film that greatly deserved the Best Picture Oscar.

Ben Affleck truly deserved all the recognition he was given for this film. Regardless of his past films, he really nailed it with Argo. The directing was spot on. The best part of this film was its authenticity. I was on the edge of my seat the whole movie because I felt like I was put into the 1970's. Ben Affleck is a genius for his work on this film. Good Will Hunting was his first gem, but now Argo is his second gem.

Grade: 90/100 - A-

No comments:

Post a Comment