Thursday, October 24, 2013

"The Amazing Spider-Man" is Worth Seeing.

"The Amazing Spider-Man" is worth seeing. After the three movies with Tobey Maguire I was pretty disappointed by the end of the series. The movies were very exciting and entertaining but by the end they got repetitive and a little boring. So I was eager to see how Andrew Garfield played a superhero. I loved Garfield in "The Social Network" he did a great job supporting Jesse Eisenberg and Justin Timberlake. He plays Peter Parker who like the original gets bitten by a spider and develops superpowers that help him fight crime, but in this Spider-Man he is seen as a foe to the police. While this is going on he falls for Gwen Stacy, played by Emma Stone. Gwen is actually the daughter of a policeman, played by Denis Leary. Peter tries to be the superhero he is supposed to be regardless of the police trying to take him down.

This film was better than I thought. I honestly did not know how this movie was going to play out because of the previous series with Tobey Maguire. I am glad Andrew Garfield fit well with the part mainly because he looks like a teenager unlike, Maguire. It might sound like I did not like the films with Tobey Maguire. I did but I felt like Andrew Garfield is going to play Spider-Man a little better, because it was more credible because he looks younger. And I am eager to see how the next few Spider Man films play out.

Grade = 80/100 = B-

No comments:

Post a Comment