Monday, February 3, 2014

R.I.P. Phillip Seymour Hoffman

This is a sad day for me. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was one of my favorite actors of all time. He is so influential with his work, and his work was timeless. He brought such a persona to screen. I have said time and time again, a key to being a great actor is being able to show credibility on screen, especially when switching genres. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was hilarious in "Along Came Polly" when he was playing basketball and yelling "Rain dance" and thinking he was a big shot after having done one great movie. He was spectacular in "Capote" and his hard work paid off with an Oscar and a Golden Globe for his performance. He has been in such great films including "The Big Lebowski" "Moneyball" "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" "Charlie Wilson's War" and my favorite of his roles, "Mary and Max." It is a shame that he is gone so soon, regardless of how he died. He was one of my favorite actors, and he will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment