Monday, March 4, 2013

Up, Up, and Away

I am a kid at heart and I love Animated films. I just re-watched one movie the other day and I forgot how much I love it. "Up" is what I watched and I just love that film. It has the voice Ed Asner playing Carl Fredricksen. He is an old man living alone after the love of his life, Ellie dies. He spent his whole life with her and did everything he wanted to do with her except for one thing. They wanted to live on Paradise Falls. After Ellie dies, Carl wants to make that happen. He ties thousands of balloons to his house and makes it happen. But before he leaves he is encountered with Russell a boy scout trying to get his helping the elderly badge. He tries to help him by unexpectedly going on the trip with Mr. Fredricksen. They are hilarious together, a kind of Old school and New School duo and they try to make it work. As the story goes on they meet various other characters that are very funny even for adults. It is a great story that is just hysterical and deserved the Oscar for Best Animated Feature Film.

This film is so great. It is really funny for any ages. It is such a great story of father and son and determination. It also extremely depressing. The first ten minutes are the saddest scenes I have ever seen in any animated film. Regardless of that it really makes you think what you want to do before we actually go. And what we want after our significant other dies. I highly recommend it for any age regardless that it might be for kids.

Grade: 91/100 - A-

No comments:

Post a Comment